Sunday, June 27, 2010

Anniversary Update

Ok, so every plan I had for yesterday fell through! But it's ok. We still had a good time. Matt actually went to the lake with his dad, Jeff, for the day. So, we didn't want to go to the Pirate Island place without him. We will try that out another day. And, since he didn't get home till later, we missed the comedian too. Good thing we've already seen him twice!

So, you ask, what DID we do? Jason and I dropped Lily off to Nannie (aka my mom) and we went and ran some errands, ate dinner and looked at minivans. We are going to have to get a new used vehicle soon and I wanted to see what we fit in. Looking for used, cheap cars is not easy when your husband is 6'8"! Some cars don't have enough leg room, some seats don't lower so his head can't get in, and some, if he slides the front seat back all of the way, there's no leg room in the back seat for Matt's legs. Right now, we drive a Saturn Vue and Lily sits in her car seat in the middle of the back seat and constantly kicks Jason and my arms. And, we are pretty cramped. So, we looked at a few mini vans. I fell in love with the Kia Sedona! Who would have thought? They have 3 rows and the 3rd row folds into the floor when we don't need those seats. They also have 2 sliding doors, with windows that roll down. And it has a V6 engine, plus head room, leg room for all, and the 2nd row seats lean back, so I can put the car seat in and if Lily falls asleep, she can lean back a bit instead of sleep with her head lolled forward!

Alright, so that is what we did yesterday. Today, our actual anniversary, we all accidentally slept in and missed church. I didn't set my alarm because Lily always wakes me up around 7 on my days off. Well, not today! So, we slept, and then spent some great family time. For dinner, Jason made some chow mein stir fry and I made some shrimp, chicken, steak, pineapple teriyaki kabobs. Yummy!! I also made a sugar free apple crisp. Anyway, we are going to spend some family time now. Lily is asleep, so most of the family is going to spend time together. Happy 3rd Anniversary honey!! I love you!



Precooked shrimp & kabobs
Anniversary flowers from the kids

No comments:

Post a Comment